Homepage for this website (which, as explained there, is unofficial).
- Linton Zoo is a short distance away. It has worksheets available for a small charge. For further details see their website, or 'phone (01223) 891 308.
- Sawston Sports Centre (part of Sawston Village Colle ge) is about four miles away and offers a wide range of activities that can be booked at weekends. For further details see their website, or 'phone (01223) 712 555.
- The Imperial War Museum, Duxford is about four miles aw ay. It houses nearly 200 aircraft and military and naval vehicles. Children are admitted free, and worksheets are available for aeroplane-related badges here.
- Cambridge city centre is about eight miles away, with the famous colleges, river etc.. There is a regular 'bus service (the 13) that stops at the end of Church Lane. The City Council runs a tourism website to give you an idea of what there is to do in Cambridge.
- The nearest are at Linton Health Care Centre, Coles Lane, Linton (01223) 891456; and Sawston Medical Practice, London Road, Sawston (01223) 727555.
- The nearest is Addenbrooke's Hospital (approx. seven miles) on Hills Road, Cambridge. To find the hospital take the A1307 towards Cambridge: it is well sign-posted.
- There is an outdoor chapel area on the campsite. St Mary's (C of E) Church is at the end of Church Lane. A United Reform Church is on the High Street.
- Calor Gas
- Acorn Garage, Cambridge Road, Little Abington supply paraffin and Calor gas. They also have a limited supply of grocery items.
- Bread and Milk
- These can be ordered in advance from Plumb & Webb of Balsham - telephone (01223) 893033.
- A General Store and Post Office is in Great Abington High Street. There is a Tesco supermarket in Cherry Hinton, Cambridge (approx. 8 miles) and a Sainsbury's supermarket in Haverhill (approx. 9 miles). Details of how to find the stores are in the reception lobby.
The villages of Great and Little Abington have a website, including information about the history of the villages.